May 29, 2024

Euro Global Post- Latest News and Analysis | UK News | Business News

European news, UK news, political news, breaking news, lifestyle and entertainment news.

Image credit: BBC

Bill Cosby ‘pounced’ on teen in Playboy Mansion

Bill Cosby is facing another accusation in court, less than a year after his sexual assault conviction was overturned and he walked out of prison. According to the civil lawsuit, Mr Cosby, 85, is accused of sexually assaulting Judy Huth, now 64, at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1975.

The case is one of the few outstanding legal cases against Mr Cosby, who has been accused of sexual misconduct on countless occasions.

He has denied any assault and will not be called to testify.

Ms Huth filed a lawsuit in 2014 alleging that the incident occurred when she was 16 years old, just days after she met Mr Cosby at a park outside Los Angeles where he was filming a movie. 

She claims that Mr Cosby took her to the Playboy Mansion after offering her a drink “as part of a game.” His lawyers have admitted that he met Ms Huth and travelled to the Playboy Mansion with her, but they dispute that he assaulted her. They also allege Ms Huth was 18 years old, rather than 16.

They also wonder why the accuser stayed at the estate for hours after the alleged assault, watching a movie and swimming in the pool.

Ms Huth’s case was dismissed as a “fabrication” by defence counsel Jennifer Bonjean, who questioned why she and a friend kept images from the visit as “mementos” of an alleged sexual assault.

Mr Cosby is not obligated to appear in court, and he is not expected to do so. His lawyers have previously stated that he is legally blind due to glaucoma. But he did give a video deposition.

Mr Cosby, once known to millions as “America’s Dad,” has been accused of hundreds of sexual assault, misbehaviour, and rape allegations dating back to the mid-1960s.

He was sentenced to three to ten years in jail in 2018 after being convicted of drugging and abusing a woman at his house in 2004.

However, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court last year overturned the conviction. He was released after spending nearly three years in prison.